Excursion to Arshan and Baikalsk
The resort village “Arshan” is situated in the southern slope of the Tunkinskaya valley, surrounded by high-altitude mountains – the Sayan mountain range. The health resort includes resort area, which contains natural therapeutic agents, devices and facilities for guest use; spa facilities and leisure culture catering. And also have trade and consumer services for people coming to the spa for treatment and rest.
The carbonated water of the health-resort “Arshan” is effective for curing diseases of the heart and the circulatory system, the nervous system, the gastro-intestinal tract and other parts of the body. The word Arshan (from arasan, arashaan, arshan) means a mineral or warm spring. This term is widely used in Mongolia, China, Central Asia, the Altai region and Eastern Siberia. Its origin is attributed to the Sanskrit rashiani – nectar, drink of Gods.
Every year skiing is getting more and more popular on lake Baikal. Warm and snow winter, clean air and magnificent landscapes make the ski resort one of the best in Russia. A popular place for skiing is the mount “Sobolinaya” in Baikalsk town. This town is located on Baikal shore 162 km away from Irkutsk and 320 km away from Ulan-Ude.Thousands of fans of skiing come to have a rest on the mount “Sobolinaya” every year. One of them is Vladimir Putin – the president of Russia. In summer Baikalsk is also a great place for a recreation on the Lakes (Teplyi lakes).
The program of the excursion:
• 9 a.m. – departure to Baikalsk (150 km from Irkutsk).
• 12 a.m. – arrival, accommodation in a hotel “Belyi Sobol”
• 13 p.m. – lunch in a restaurant
• 14 -17 p.m. – skiing (in winter) / recreation on Lakes or a chairlift to the viewpoint (in summer)
• 18 p.m. – dinner
• 9 a.m. – departure to Arshan.
• 10 a.m. – arrival, excursion to the waterfalls (height 4-5 meters). The path goes through the picturesque forest along the mountain river of Kyngyrga. On the way you can drink and take with you mineral water – from cold and hot springs. Also you can buy pine nuts, different mountain herbs, and “sera” (the resin of cedar, that natives chew to strengthen teeth and gums), collected in the mountains
• Lunch at one of the cafes (Buryat cuisine)
• Passage through the settlement Zhemchug (45 km) and swimming in hot mineral springs
• Return to Irkutsk in the evening
|Number of people group||1||2||3-5||6-12||13-20|
The price includes:
• Guide service
• Accommodation in a hotel (standard room) *when it is high season ( February,22-April,15 and December,30-January, 9) the price for accommodation will be higher
• Lunch and dinner in a restaurant
Should be paid extra:
• Rental of ski equipment
Route:Irkutsk – Baikalsk – Arshan – Irkutsk
Schedule of excursions:year-round
Number of people in group:unlimitedDon't forget:
• Comfortable shoes
• Swimming costume (summer)